Applications will be made available at the start of each semester.
We are no longer accepting applications for the Spring 2021 semester.Regular Application Form
Why you should apply
Join a Community
Get to know your fellow candidates and the officer team and participate in volunteer and social events that benefit yourself and the community.
Meet the officers
Meet and network with BioEHS alumni through info-sessions, alumni panels, and general meetings.
Find your niche in BioE
Discover or narrow your interests/concentration within BioE by meeting more BioE peers in the classes you’re taking, seeking course advice from BioEHS members, and talking to BioE professors in the field.
Applicants need to have completed one semester at UC Berkeley and/or be a transfer student. The minimum GPA is 3.3 for juniors/seniors (including junior transfers), 3.5 for sophomores, and 3.7 for freshmen (spring).
In addition to the unit and GPA requirements, prospective members must submit an application. The application form will be made available soon after the start of each semester.
The Bioengineering Honor Society considers all parts of the application when admitting Applicants as new Candidates.
Prospective members that are planning on transferring into the Bioengineering major from any other major at UC Berkeley may apply using the form above. There is a recommended minimum technical Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.6 and supplementary materials are required. Admission into the society is probationary; if the transfer into Bioengineering is unsuccessful, membership will be revoked.
First Semester Freshmen
Freshmen in their first semester are not expected to meet the unit requirements. However, freshmen who are interested in joining the society at a later date are encouraged to fill out this Prospective Member Interest Form and to attend public events.
While applicants to Bioengineering Honor Society must meet minimum grade standards and apply for membership, many of our activities are open to all undergraduates. We feel this will give new undergraduates a chance to get to know the Bioengineering major, career, and peers before deciding to join our society. Please feel free to join us at advertised events and socials.
- Membership Dues, which is a one-time $50 fee paid in two installments. This charge includes banquet fees and a BioEHS shirt.
- Five (5) elective events, of which there must be 2 Social, a Professional Development, an Academic, and an Outreach.
- Three (3) General Meetings, which frequently feature professional speakers.
- Five (5) officer challenges, designed to help candidates get to know the officers.
- Participation in a committee with weekly meetings.
- Candidate Challenge Night (CCN) and Candidate Retreat, where candidates meet and get to know each other through a series of activities.
- Banquet, where officers, members, candidates, and faculty join to celebrate the end of another semester.
- Resume Submission, which we will critique for you after our resume workshop and include in our resume book that biotech companies purchase for recruitment.
If you cannot complete some of the above requirements but would still like to induct as a member of BioEHS, please e-mail the Internal Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss possible alternatives.